Top Design Trends for Luxury Homes
The difference between a modest home and a luxury home can be, quite literally, all about the design. In our ongoing series, we have explored some of the top trends for luxury homes. In this article we will explore some of the latest amenities that discerning homes are incorporating into their remodeling plans.
- Reclaimed & Sustainable – While many say that the rich and famous think the world revolves around them, many luxury homeowners are becoming more aware of the earth that is around them. Many now seek out reclaimed or sustainable materials. These materials satisfy a certain design style too when used for wood beams, doors, and even floors.
- Transitional & Modern Farmhouse Design – Today, more and more homeowners are seeking designs that are more practical for their lifestyle and investment. Younger adults love the durability of modern farmhouse designs while mature adults are opting for transitional designs that provide a timeless approach to their investment in the remodeling process. Visit our gallery for ideas!
- Media Center & Game Room – This room typically becomes more of a family room than a theater room. This will quickly become the go-to place in your home with high definition televisions, integrated media charging outlets, adjustable laptop desks, digitally controlled sound, cameras for video conferencing, controlled lighting, and a host of appliances nearby so you don’t have to go to the kitchen. Oh, let’s not forget plenty of games to keep everyone busy. It’s a room the entire family can enjoy together!
- Wine Cellars – The concept of entertaining in your wine cellar becomes “fun” when you can design one that transforms your guests back to another place and time. No longer are these ideas reserved strictly for the basement, but often a detached building is built complete with temperature controls to ensure the conditions are ideal for wine storage. Design themes often range from castle grotto to intimate vineyard setting, but are always a crowd pleaser!
- Two Story Designer Dressing Rooms – Showcase your favorite handbags and shoes in spacious LED-lit shelving with wooden ladders. Nothing says luxurious like a beautiful chandelier to give the room ambiance or let the light shine in every morning with beautiful big windows. Two story design dressing rooms can add space and atmosphere to your home while giving you a luxurious space to get ready!
- Alas, the Kitchen – Many luxury homeowners have their own staff or chef to prepare meals, so they often want the look and feel of a chef inspired kitchen. A chef’s kitchen works doubly hard when it’s time to entertain often accommodating a catering staff as well. Add two refrigerators, warming drawers, and even a butler’s pantry to be used as a prep area and you’ve got your dream kitchen.
Whatever your suits your fancy, Parker Design Build Remodel is help you renovate your home and create a luxury house! Contact us today and our architects and designers will work with you to make your dream home come true!